Halloween is but 6 days away and I have to say I am getting pretty darn excited. Oh sure, it's the sweet costumes and the snazzy yard displays we're sure to see throughout the night, but mostly, it's the promise of a shit load of candy. I am such a candy fiend that it isn't even funny, but it is borderline psychotic and insane. I don't normally eat it though, and I think it's because I look so forward to holidays such as this where I can set my supply up for the whole following year until some other celebration featuring more candy comes along. And there are plenty. Anyway, I do like the haunted pageantry and the spooky decorations and the way that my kids always manage to come to a house that scares the poo-poo out of them and I have to explain that the man ambling toward them decked out in tatters and goopy blood is actually a regular Joe dressed to thrill. Sometimes they buy it, others they make me get the treats while they attempt to hold their collective piss. Oh, and in case you're wondering, my boys have decided to be knights. Both got essentially the same costumes only with different colors and patterns. They both got swords and a really cool ax to accompany the full ensemble. So, with all that in mind, I present to you, the TOP TEN HALLOWEEN THEMED THINGS THAT I LOVE FOR THE UPCOMING FESTIVITIES. Enjoy! 10) I just adore how every snack-style food item has adopted a more fearsome approach to their typical package and/or item design. Take Little Debbie, for example, this on-the-ball broad is always promoting a holiday-themed cake or treat no matter the occasion and Halloween is certainly no exception. I happen to love her little Pumpkin-style cupcakes and whatnot! Say, is that a package of pre-made cookies over there? Yup, and they're fucking ghosts, too! Kick ass! Cereal? Oh hell yes! Only this time of year do you get the trio of Monster Themes all out for the picking! Get you some Booberry, Count Chocula, and Frankenberry before it's too late! 9) I just love the newspaper inserts for Halloween stores that, of late, have featured nothing but a smattering of scantily-clad whores hocking the slutty 'wears' of the said shop! For some reason, this year has become one of 'as-little-costume-as-you-legally-can-get-away-with' year, and I'm only saying this because I honestly saw a Hermione get-up from Harry Potter that looked like it belonged on a stripper! Man, she's gonna be cold this year! 8) An overload of horror flicks is just channels away for those of you with cable. For some reason it's next to impossible to find Evil Dead, Friday The Thirteenth Part IV, or The Howling gracing your set any other time of year despite how wonderful these programs truly are! I wonder why that is? 7) Pumpkins. Let's face it: aside from pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and, maybe, Christmas, what other holiday showcases the versatility of this wonderful orange gourd? Not a damn one. So, to show our appreciation for such a tasty veggie, let's whack the shit out of it and carve pretty and spooky faces into them! Oh, and shove a candle in there to accentuate the outstanding artwork you've created! I have four on my patio! Go Pumpkins! 6) Newly-released horror movies become all the rage again as well. After a summer of shape-shifting robots, action-packed shoot-'em-up's, web-slinging has-beens, and wand-toting wiz-kids, it's about damn time we got back to knife-wielding slashers and blood-sucking monsters! Yes! And you just know that SAW 4 is going to out disgust just about everyone willing to check it out. Me first! 5) I just love the variety of costumes this year filling whole aisles, sometimes two or more, with their ominous, empty shrouded, lifeless shells. It's almost uncomfortable to walk down these corridors of creepiness without looking over your shoulder just nearly positive that some maniac is going to hack you to ribbons dressed as Shrek. Watch out! 4) Everything that isn't technically a costume is fucking ORANGE! What the hell? The only orange article of clothing I own is a Detroit Tigers shirt and hey, that's because it's their color scheme. But why does every T-shirt need to be orange and have a goofy-ass saying on them? Boo yourself, ass! 3) No other time of year are you offered the wondrous confectionery that is candy corn. I adore candy corn and would, if given the chance, wolf down an entire sack of them in one sitting. Yes, they are so sickeningly sweet that after a few your very soul hurts, but that's the charm of the candied kernel; it just keeps getting somehow sweeter and slowly killing you from the inside out. I can't wait to go to town on a bag of these jewels. Oh, and this kind of corn doesn't make a reappearance the next night, if you dig my meaning. 2) It never fails that it's likely going to rain on trick or treat evening. It's just the nature of the beast I suppose. It spit for a minute last year but otherwise it hung off until we were done, and I hope to the Ghastly Gods that it does the same thing this time. I don't mind if it's cold, I'd just as soon stay dry. I remember one year when I was a tot, my parents prior to their downward spiral into psychosis took my siblings and I to the mall since we were experiencing a bitch of a storm. It sucked ass and I'll never do that to my children. I'll just drive them around. Screw you, Mall! 1) It's a tie here, so bear with me. First off, three words: THE GREAT PUMPKIN. Charlie Brown's best special in my opinion and just to get the chance to hear Sally say, "I missed Tricks or Treats!" is just plain classic. And finally, my wife's THIRTIETH birthday is the next day and I get to inundate her with insults and comedic comments till I'm blue in the face. Why? She hates the fact that she's done with the twenties. I am so ready for this! YAHOO! Okay, that's it. Move along... Stew
PACKING UP AND MOVING OUT
YUP, YOU READ IT RIGHT: WE'RE MOVING! WELL, I'M MOVING SINCE THERE IS NO 'WE', TECHNICALLY. ANYWAY, FROM NOW ON OUR NEW LOCATION FOR ALL THINGS LIST WILL BE (NEW LIST UP AS OF 8-1! CHECK IT OUT!) RIGHT HERE.
I HOPE YOU'LL FOLLOW ME TO MY NEW LOCATION TO A MUCH, MUCH BETTER WORLD WHERE IT'LL BE EASIER ON THE EYES, AND LESS IRRITATING TO EVERY OTHER SENSE. SEE YA THERE!
Stew
I HOPE YOU'LL FOLLOW ME TO MY NEW LOCATION TO A MUCH, MUCH BETTER WORLD WHERE IT'LL BE EASIER ON THE EYES, AND LESS IRRITATING TO EVERY OTHER SENSE. SEE YA THERE!
Stew
CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE FINEST IN NEW LIT CONTENT!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
TEN MORE THINGS I HAPPEN TO WANT TO TALK ABOUT.
Posted by
S. W. Miller
at
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey! Look! Now you, too can ADVERTISE on THIS AMAZING SITE! NICE!
Look! Enjoy a DELICIOUS Ad Right Down Here, Too! PRIME REAL ESTATE!
Support Tags
Blog Archive
-
►
2008
(71)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (1)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (1)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (1)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (1)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (2)
- ► 05/25 - 06/01 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (1)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (2)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (2)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (3)
- ► 04/06 - 04/13 (5)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (2)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (3)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (4)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (4)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (2)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (3)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (7)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (5)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (2)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (3)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (5)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (3)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (6)
-
▼
2007
(84)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (7)
- ► 12/23 - 12/30 (8)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (7)
- ► 12/09 - 12/16 (9)
- ► 12/02 - 12/09 (6)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (2)
- ► 11/18 - 11/25 (8)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (2)
- ► 11/04 - 11/11 (4)
- ► 10/28 - 11/04 (3)
- ▼ 10/21 - 10/28 (4)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (4)
- ► 10/07 - 10/14 (4)
- ► 09/30 - 10/07 (2)
- ► 09/23 - 09/30 (3)
- ► 09/16 - 09/23 (4)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (5)
- ► 09/02 - 09/09 (2)
LOOK! All My Past 'Cool' Stuff! JOY!
- 10 best billboards (1)
- 10 best billboards 2 (1)
- 10 Best Blind Musicians (1)
- 10 Best MIA Sodas (1)
- 10 best movie trailers (1)
- 10 best pop albums 2007 (1)
- 10 Best Sports Teams (1)
- 10 Best Superhero Movies (1)
- 10 Best Vomit Scenes (1)
- 10 Best Weird Al Vids (1)
- 10 Bizarre Foods (1)
- 10 cool july 4th goodies (1)
- 10 fallen sports figures (1)
- 10 Funny Ads (1)
- 10 Funny Photoshops (1)
- 10 Manly Movies (1)
- 10 more creepy ads (1)
- 10 More Creepy Ads III (1)
- 10 More TV Themes (1)
- 10 Most Annoying Celebs (1)
- 10 Most Innovative Horror Flick Kills (1)
- 10 Most Well Known Clowns (1)
- 10 musician plane crash victims (1)
- 10 Obscure Zombie Flicks (1)
- 10 of the Best Animated Mascots (1)
- 10 Reasons NHL Rules (1)
- 10 Terrible Photoshops (1)
- 12 cartoon whores (1)
- 15 Hilarious Star Wars Toy Ads (1)
- 15 Most Nostalgic Arcade Games (1)
- 15 unfamiliar names for stuff (1)
- 20 Best Kid Cereals (1)
- 20 Candy Favorites (1)
- A Dozen Pretend Drinks (1)
- Bad Movie Posters (1)
- Bad Product Names (1)
- Best Cuts Of Meat (1)
- Best Daffy Toons (1)
- Best King Books (1)
- Best Voice Actors (1)
- Boner and Punkin 56 (1)
- Boner and Punkin 56-59 (1)
- Boner And Punkin Christmas (1)
- Christmas Traditions (1)
- COMIC (2)
- Comics (1)
- Coolest Santas Ever (1)
- Fall (1)
- Funny Posters Part 1 (1)
- John Williams Ten Best (1)
- My 10 Favorite Web Sites (1)
- My Kid's Top Ten Movies (1)
- Not-So Motivational Posters (1)
- Porky Pigs Fifteen Best (1)
- Sappy Christmas Music (1)
- Sodas Part III (1)
- Ten Best Elves (1)
- Ten Best Penguin Flicks (1)
- Ten Famous Animal Deaths (1)
- The 10 Best Rabbits (1)
- The 10 Best TV Themes (1)
- The 20 Greatest Toon Dogs (1)
- The 27 Club (1)
- The Best MIA Sodas Part 2 (1)
- Top 10 80's Sitcom MILFs (1)
- Top 10 Funniest Horror Flicks (1)
- Top 10 Reasons Being Sick Sucks (1)
- Top 10 Video Game Bosses of All Time (1)
- Top 11 non-cereal breakfasts (1)
- Top Mother's Day Poem (1)
- Top ten Bad Ass Women (1)
- Top Ten Butthole Names (1)
- Why Iron Man Is The Best (1)
Just a Number?
Great Links!
- My Best Bud Doug's Best Blog EVER! Stop by, say HI!
- SOMETHING'S IN THE BASEMENT!!!!
- Bob Ruhf's Weather and Climate Site!
- 45 Years... ALL YEAR
- Join the Perry Bible Fellowship
- Witty and Knitty! Great stuff!
- My Best Bud's Blog!
- The List Universe
- Best Sports Blog Ever!
- My Web Comic
- Penny Arcade (Web Comic)
- Aint It Cool News
- Homestar Runner! (EVERYBODY!)
- Girls With Slingshots (Web Comic)
- PVP Web Comic
- Josh Reads Crappy Comics
About Me
- S. W. Miller
- Portage, Michigan, United States
- This Blog thing I enjoy has literally made me a name it at least Azerbaijan and in some locations deep in the Congo... so that's cool. Besides infrequently putting forth minimal effort doing a blog, I also try a fair bit harder to make people laugh in their cereal over at GUNAXIN.COM, which is where I actually get paid to make up stupid stuff and use foul language. Anyway... why are you still reading this? Oh, and while you're here, you might as well go check out my DeviatArt page, too! http://stewwriter.deviantart.com/
Shoutwire -

0 comments:
Post a Comment