The reward is in conjunction with the First Annual Las Vegas Comic-Con (www.LasVegasComicCon.com), October 31 - November 2, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center where Geppi will exhibit a copy of the fabled "Action Comics #1."
Originally sold for ten-cents each in 1938, even worn copies of Action Comics #1 today are valued at tens of thousands of dollars each. Less than 100 copies are known to exist."
I have actually, honestly, seen one of these comics up close and personal in a glass case at an antique auction in Baltimore about 20 years ago. At the time, I knew it was cool, but I had no Earthly idea what a rare treasure I was seeing.

In an auction held by Robert Siegel Galleries in 1970, the stamp was sold for $240,000 to Irwin Weinberg and a group of investors from Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. The one-cent Black on Magenta remained in their collection for ten years when John E. du Pont of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, bought it at an auction for $935,000.

Cost: $2.8 million"
I totally had one of these cards once, it was all up in my bike spokes and... yeah, right. I used to collect football cards and my brother baseball and I can assure you either one of us would likely have murdered the other for one of these. We were never that into sharing.



The asking price for this most expensive doll is $6,250,000, yes 6.25 million US dollars. The price has to justify the 2,340 gilt or polished-steel parts and over 15,000 hours in a Swiss workshop that it took to create this extraordinary figure."
Wow. Now that is one ugly, ugly doll.


Shoutwire -


0 comments:
Post a Comment