In this, the era of digital and easily-downloadable music, it's almost a lost and forgotten term: Album. Be that as it may, they are still released and are still, though some wonder why, purchased. As was the case with Radiohead, however, their album was issued initially as a download and then released to the stores. Though the market was flooded with music -often times bad and as cookie-cutter as most of the rest- a few stood out as some amazing pieces of ear candy. Here are the ten best of '07. Oh, and to save you all some time, I've included a video from said album and a short, three-word write-up. I want you all to decide for yourselves, I don't need to coach you on what you should or should not enjoy.
10. Arcade Fire - New Bible
Hot, Vicious, Exquisite
9. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
Catchy, Severe, Raucous
8. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
Beautiful, Eloquent, Bittersweet
7. Radiohead - In Rainbows
Powerful, Sorrowful, Stimulating
6. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Impressive, Gorgeous, Effortless
5. Feist - The Reminder
Catchy, Entertaining, Directional
4. Alicia Keys - As I Am
Outstanding, Golden, Huge
3. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Stubborn, Deep, Rough
2. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Electric, Forceful, Treacherous
1. White Stripes - Icky Thump
Crunchy, Ballistic, Unforgettable
Shoutwire -


0 comments:
Post a Comment