PACKING UP AND MOVING OUT

YUP, YOU READ IT RIGHT: WE'RE MOVING! WELL, I'M MOVING SINCE THERE IS NO 'WE', TECHNICALLY. ANYWAY, FROM NOW ON OUR NEW LOCATION FOR ALL THINGS LIST WILL BE (NEW LIST UP AS OF 8-1! CHECK IT OUT!) RIGHT HERE.
I HOPE YOU'LL FOLLOW ME TO MY NEW LOCATION TO A MUCH, MUCH BETTER WORLD WHERE IT'LL BE EASIER ON THE EYES, AND LESS IRRITATING TO EVERY OTHER SENSE. SEE YA THERE!

Stew

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE FINEST IN NEW LIT CONTENT!

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE FINEST IN NEW LIT CONTENT!
That's right, just click the pic and you'll be whisked away to a better world...

Friday, February 1, 2008

Ten More Missing and Obscure Sodas - The Third

It just never ends, does it? Just as soon as I think I'd managed to list them all -even after 20- I still somehow gather 10 more! Those lost, forgotten, and just plain unusual sodas have returned for a third part... and the producers, pending the reception to these oddities, have already green-lit a FOURTH! I try to crawl out, and it pulls me back in... Anyway, enjoy another batch of these bygone beauties!
10. LIKE COLA
Oh, do I remember Like Cola! Manufactured by the 7*Up Company and pretty much offering the same flavor comparison to a standard cola as an apple to a doorknob. No, I did not 'Like' it one bit.
9. DOUBLE COLA
I have to honestly admit that I am not familiar with Double Cola. I have heard of it, but I have not been privy to its assuredly delicious flavor. But I can say, since it is a 'cola', I can pretty much guess.
8. SINALCO
Not from around these parts, are ya'?
7. MELLO YELLOW
Mello Yellow and I go WAY back. I used to live for this stuff and I liked it SO much better than Mountain Dew quite possibly due to its crisper, more fruity body. Hee hee... I said fruity body. *AHEM* Anyway, I remember Pizza Hut used to sell this on draught, as it were, and I'm pretty sure ours here in town still does.
6. PEPSI FREE
Yes we all know the little tit for tat argument between Marty McFly and the 50's soda jerk from Back To The Future, but I have to admit I did imbibe my fair share of this classic cola. It was a bit bland, but it was always hanging around at one family member's house or another, so I enjoyed from time to time.
5. RAMBLIN' ROOT BEER
Though slightly inferior to the 'drive-in' A&W draught root beer you could get at the local hot dog stand, Ramblin' was a proud addition to my childhood. My dad used to get a ton of this stuff when we went on camping trips, so this was, ultimately, the root beer I grew up on.
4. RONDO
I have actually had this! On east-coast trips; Deleware, Maryland and the like, we used to knock back a few of these when I was a youngster. Damn good stuff, as I recall.
3. CACTUS COOLER
I went to Arizona a few years ago and I have a relatively vivid memory (though, honestly, the heat was so fucking miserable and unbearable, it's likely I just imagined it) of having one of these at a meal outing once. I HOPE it was good...
2. TAB CLEAR
Seriously?
1. STORM
Storm. I have had you once thanks in part to a co-worker having imported a few of these into Michigan from out-of-state family. I just asked and he said sure. Very 7*Up-like in its crispness, but far sweeter. Nice bit of a kick, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog, but hate your archive format! Please put all your great stuff where we can see it...I just started reading and don't want to miss a thing!

S. W. Miller said...

Thank you and you got it, friend! Check back later this evening!

Hey! Look! Now you, too can ADVERTISE on THIS AMAZING SITE! NICE!

Look! Enjoy a DELICIOUS Ad Right Down Here, Too! PRIME REAL ESTATE!

Support Tags

Digg! Seed Newsvine ShoutwireShoutwire - StumbleUpon bookmark at folkd

LOOK! All My Past 'Cool' Stuff! JOY!

Just a Number?

About Me

My photo
Portage, Michigan, United States
This Blog thing I enjoy has literally made me a name it at least Azerbaijan and in some locations deep in the Congo... so that's cool. Besides infrequently putting forth minimal effort doing a blog, I also try a fair bit harder to make people laugh in their cereal over at GUNAXIN.COM, which is where I actually get paid to make up stupid stuff and use foul language. Anyway... why are you still reading this? Oh, and while you're here, you might as well go check out my DeviatArt page, too! http://stewwriter.deviantart.com/