PACKING UP AND MOVING OUT

YUP, YOU READ IT RIGHT: WE'RE MOVING! WELL, I'M MOVING SINCE THERE IS NO 'WE', TECHNICALLY. ANYWAY, FROM NOW ON OUR NEW LOCATION FOR ALL THINGS LIST WILL BE (NEW LIST UP AS OF 8-1! CHECK IT OUT!) RIGHT HERE.
I HOPE YOU'LL FOLLOW ME TO MY NEW LOCATION TO A MUCH, MUCH BETTER WORLD WHERE IT'LL BE EASIER ON THE EYES, AND LESS IRRITATING TO EVERY OTHER SENSE. SEE YA THERE!

Stew

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE FINEST IN NEW LIT CONTENT!

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE FINEST IN NEW LIT CONTENT!
That's right, just click the pic and you'll be whisked away to a better world...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

THE TOP 10 COOLEST BILLBOARDS

So, guess who's taking the lazy way out again today? Well, if you said, 'You', then you would be wrong. The answer is, 'Me', as in 'You'. See how that works? OK, so all joking aside, it's time for some really humorous observances! Or, if you prefer, 'Jokes'. This time, The Vacuum Bag proudly presents: BILLBOARD HUMOR! A list of billboards and outdoor sign displays that we've all seen numerous times yet just can't seem to get enough of! Oh it'll be so much fun! Relish in my poor attempt and freshness and enjoy some rehash! Yum!
***************************************************** ***************************************************** *****************************************************
10) UNFORTUNATE PLACEMENT
As much as I get a great belly laugh out of this impossible choice in advertising locations -for EITHER of these companies- I find it sorrowfully disconcerting that it even got green-lit on the first place. I can see a few marketing geniuses getting the ax for this one.
************************************************** **************************************************
9) LOOK CLOSELY. Hint: On the bottom, smarty.
If you can't read the selling point, it says: 'No Size Limits.' That is great considering the pair of tiny hands at the bottom hiding what is supposed to be a complete person behind it - possibly in serious pain.
********************************************* *********************************************
8) THIS AD SUCKS. Get it?
No real need for clever commentary on this one. The display absolutely says it all. Very cool.
********************************************** **********************************************
7) OH YEAH, IT'S TRIPLE THICK, BABY.
McDonald's triple-thick shakes were made all the rage a few years ago when they decided to revamp their formula mix and, apparently, add even more of the non-dairy stuff they'd already had in there. I have to admit, coming directly from things completely opposite of milk and ice cream, McDonald's shakes are still pretty damn tasty.
************************************************* *************************************************
6)IT'S COMING TO ME... WAIT, I'VE ALMOST GOT IT...
Darn cool ad featuring a sensor that trips whenever anyone walks directly underneath it. The bulb lights, you, sir, have a sudden flash of brilliance, and go on to invent future billboards as clever as this one. The circle of commercialism.
******************************************** ********************************************
5) YEP. DIET TIME, CHUNKY.
Well played, Silberman's, well played indeed.
**************************************** ****************************************
4)LIQUOR IN THE FRONT, POKER IN THE REAR
I used to imbibe on SoCo fairly heavily in my sad, miserable early-twenties more frequently than I care -or can- remember, and, as the ad states, it honestly helps get a chick out of her clothing. Often times much to her dismay. That's unfortunate.
****************************************** ******************************************
3) OH SNAP!
Man, now that's just hitting below the belt! I'd bet this ad was devised by someone from Michigan, too!
*********************************************** ***********************************************
2) NOW THAT IS COMEDY GOLD
I honestly had to read this twice. For some reason I was confused (maybe the SoCo making a come back) and i didn't quite get it. But, once the funny settled in, I chortled heartily.
******************************************** ********************************************
1) LOOK! IT TOTALLY SAYS GIANT DICKS!
Though I can't personally vouch for the validity of this sign, I do know that both of these places co-exist on the east cost where Giant is a large grocery store comparable to Meijer here in the Mid-States. So, with that, however possible this isn't, it also 'is' and 'is' damn funny!

4 comments:

Mark said...

I have seen the Giant Dicks sign. It lasted a couple months until the realized it and changed it to Dicks Giant. It happened in Whitehall, PA.

S. W. Miller said...

Awesome! Thanks Mark! I'm glad I didn't inadvertently find a Photoshop. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Yep it was up for a couple of months.
at first it said dick's giant, but then giant wanted the outside sign closer to Rt 145, but then they changed it back. It was submitted to maxim magazine.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I live just up 145 where this sign was. It only lasted a few weeks/months, but to this day, when going to EITHER store, we still refer to it as "Giant Dick's." They've reversed it and it now reads "Dick's Giant," but it was hysterical when it first happened.

Hey! Look! Now you, too can ADVERTISE on THIS AMAZING SITE! NICE!

Look! Enjoy a DELICIOUS Ad Right Down Here, Too! PRIME REAL ESTATE!

Support Tags

Digg! Seed Newsvine ShoutwireShoutwire - StumbleUpon bookmark at folkd

LOOK! All My Past 'Cool' Stuff! JOY!

Just a Number?

About Me

My photo
Portage, Michigan, United States
This Blog thing I enjoy has literally made me a name it at least Azerbaijan and in some locations deep in the Congo... so that's cool. Besides infrequently putting forth minimal effort doing a blog, I also try a fair bit harder to make people laugh in their cereal over at GUNAXIN.COM, which is where I actually get paid to make up stupid stuff and use foul language. Anyway... why are you still reading this? Oh, and while you're here, you might as well go check out my DeviatArt page, too! http://stewwriter.deviantart.com/